The Blue Planet Aquarium is the only place in England to offer this incredible experience where you can come face to face with these magnificent beasts of the deep. If diving in shark-infested tropical waters is your idea of fun, now is your chance to do it.
Get yourself kitted out in the wet suit and scuba gear and make your descent into the incredible under water world filled with an array of beautiful sea creatures. Imagine pushing your boundaries to experience the thrill and adrenaline of getting up close to sharks reaching sizes of 10ft. There’ll be several species of shark including the Sand Tiger Shark, Lemon Shark, Nurse Shark and over 1500 various other fish, mostly found in the Caribbean. Let this be a day you will never forget.
- Welcome and safety briefing
- Use of Scuba equipment and wet suit
- Instruction of how to use the breathing apparatus, how to clear your mask and hand signals
- Demonstration on basic dive techniques
- Certificate of attendance
- A dive of 30 minutes
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
A member of staff will greet you and show you to the briefing area where you’ll have and introduction and safety talks. You will be fitted with your Scuba equipment and wet suit before getting into the training pool for the in water instructions, where you will be taught how to use the breathing apparatus, how to clear your mask and what hand signals to use.
You will then take the plunge into shark-infested waters for your dive with the fully qualified PADI dive instructor. You will encounter a variety of amazing sharks and more than 1500 other fish. After your experience there will be time to shower and change before collecting your certificate of attendance. Why not arrive early to see what else the aquarium has to offer?
Need to Know
- Minimum age: 16
- Minimum height: 5ft
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- You may not wear glasses but contact lenses are permitted. We recommend you do not fly within 8 hours of a diving experience. A declaration of fitness form must be completed but you can not in any circumstances partake if you are pregnant or under the influence of alcohol
- Disabled toilet facilities and ramp are provided for spectators. Refreshments are not included; however they can be purchased in the Café area
- Diving can be enjoyed by most people, regardless of physical ability. Special arrangements can be made for those with access needs, learning or behavioural issues, or those with physical impairments with limited weekday availability. Please discuss individual needs when making your booking
- The first two spectators can enter free of charge, however any additional spectators will be charged an entrance fee. We recommend that you pre-book spectators to avoid disappointment. When you have completed your training your friends will have the unique opportunity to view you in the water through the aquatheatre which offers views into the aquatunnel - one of the longest underwater tunnels at over 70m long
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Please note: If you have any of the medical conditions listed below you will be unable to dive unless the instructor has written authorisation from a doctor.
Ear disease/infection, hearing loss or problems with balance
History of ear or sinus surgery
Suffering from a cold, congestion, sinusitis or bronchitis
History of respiratory problems, severe attack of hayfever or allergies
History of chest surgery or a collapsed lung or lung disease
History of emphysema, tuberculosis or active asthma
Currently taking medication carrying a warning about any impairment of physical or mental abilities
Behavioural health, mental or psychological problems, or a nervous system disorder
History of colostomy
History of heart disease or heart attack, heart surgery or blood vessel surgery
History of high blood pressure, angina or taking medication to control blood pressure
Over 45 years old who have a family history of heart attack or stroke
History of bleeding or other blood disorders
History of seizures, blackouts or fainting, convulsions or epilepsy or taking medications to prevent them
History of back, arm or leg problems following an injury, fracture or surgery
History of claustrophobia or agrophobia
The experience runs on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
We recommend you book at least 6 to 8 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
You should allow up to 5 hours for the whole experience. The dive itself lasts 30 minutes.
A medical form and guideline form will be available on activation of your voucher.
Please ensure you take your completed medical forms & experience voucher with you on the day of your activity, failure to take these documents or failure to complete the medical form accordingly will result in you being unable to take part in the experience and no refunds will be given.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
For information on our packaging and delivery please click here.